Thursday, April 14, 2005

Fall

The Fall of Me
(Written when two books extracted tears from my heart)

My soul rampages, it makes me scream
Every time my heart mourns, I dream
At every beautiful picture, I skim
The shallows and depths of my insides

I ponder, I think, then cry
I think, I cry, then die
Die in soul, for I am hollow
Like the wood eaten by maggots

My earliest years are barren
Not rich, colorful, but sullen
All is gray, if not, black
For despair is there, I didn’t look back

My life is jaded, ice cold, and dark
I never really knew Christmas’s spark
I never felt the warmth of summer’s hark
Of joyous basking in the sunshine of light

I prayed: Sancta Maria, Mater Dei
Ora Pronobis Pecatoribus
Nunc et in Ora Mortis Nostrae
But received nothing in return

Maybe the gates in heaven were closed
In the meantime, my soul suffers throes
Of a withering life which trembled for foes
And they laughed, until I gave up

I walked, I ran, I almost tripped
I ran, I tripped, and strong rain ripped
On my slender form, as I slowly dipped
To final surrender, it hurts, it kills

Then finally, my being was consumed
By the dark path ahead which I presumed
To be the way to inevitable solitary doom
I’d be facing the tremors of my unlikely room

Then I clasp, and hold, and breathe hard
Then I hold, breathe, and sang like a bard
Singing off-key, singing unknown songs of sorrowful plight
The chant thrills my bones, and it impales me

The seat embraced me, the seat that is ice
Then I breathed the last breath, and from me rise
The new face of death, with iron hands and feet
And a black raven on my hand, cold and bitter, not sweet

In the end, it will be a continuum…
And I will never forgive!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home